A Message from Chief Cheryl Sears About Campus Safety.
The Los Rios Police Department is responsible for the safety and security of all our students, staff, faculty and visitors on all of our campuses. But campus safety and security is a shared responsibility. We need your help. If you see or hear something unusual or suspicious, say something! And think about safety.
Please review the advice on this page, and take advantage of the many public safety-training opportunities we offer. If you are a manager or supervisor, encourage your employees to do the same, with release time as appropriate. We welcome your questions and suggestions on this topic.
Please send them to: email@example.com. When the Los Rios community takes this shared responsibility seriously – we all help create an environment that fosters teaching and learning.Chief Cheryl Sears
Below are some informative links.
Los Rios Crime Bulletins
Any persons having information regarding any crime or any Los Rios crime bulletins are encouraged to contact the Los Rios Police Department at (916) 558-2221
To view crime mapping for a given Los Rios campus, please visit our Crime Mapping page.
General Safety Tips
- Stay alert to surroundings and keep high value items out of sight.
- When possible, travel with another person. There is safety in numbers.
- If you must travel at night, walk and park in well lit areas.
- Know where you are going. Walk quickly and confidently to your destination.
- Avoid carrying unnecessary items.
- Hold purses, briefcases and packages tightly and close to your body.
- Have your keys out and ready before approaching your car.
- Check both the front and rear seats of your vehicle before entering. Lock the door immediately upon entering your vehicle
- Always lock your bicycle to a fixed metal bike rack.
- A metal U-lock is recommended.
- Take with you any quick-release parts that cannot be secured
- Photograph your bike and record the serial number
- Register your bicycle.